Thursday, October 15, 2015

Body Judgement

Fitness Fuel with Julia Jacobs
Train | Nourish | Transform
------------------
In this day and age it's hard not to be self conscious, no matter your size. Too big, you don't exercise or eat right....too small, you starve yourself your too skinny. Why is it that no matter what we do people always judge?
My son recently started swimming lessons, at his age a parent goes in with him and everytime I've past it off to his father.
At first I kept telling myself it was because his dad can deal with him in a situation like that better than I can...I was trying to convince myself that, that was the reason, but it wasn't.
I am to scared to go to my sons swimming lessons in my two piece bathing suit, because I am too scared that someone will look at my body and judge me...but why? I'm healthy, I try to eat my best, my jobs are physical jobs, I am constantly presenting myself, but yet I can't put on my bathing suit and join my son for swimming lessons...That's not right!
So, I am going to brave up. This Saturday I will join my son in the pool for swimming lessons...in my two piece bathing suit, and I will share that memory with him. I will show him, that no matter what, you can't be scared to show yourself for what you are...no matter your size!
I hope those of you who struggle like I do, can do the same thing, for yourself and your friends and family. Show them that no matter what, you love yourself.
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment