Thursday, November 12, 2015

Things

Figure skating and Singing are my two favourtie things. For most of my life they were the things that made me....me. Lately, doing these things have been hard. Work, family, time, they make it hard to do the things I love, but why? Why is it that I can find time to plan for other peoples things of happiness but not my own?
I'm on the ice at least 3 times a week for 3 to 4 hours at a time, but yet I don't have the time to skate myself...why?
I used to take vocal lessons and sing as much as possible, but now, I can't fit it in my schedule....why?
Why is it that as soon as our adult life begins we lose the time to do the things we love to do, whatever that thing may be? Is it really that we lose that time? Or is it that we feel guilty if we take the time to do that thing we love for ourself?
I'm not really sure what the answer is, but I miss my things, the things that make me... me. So last night, I sang my heart out for a good hour, in my house with youtube and karaoke and I went to bed feeling happy and new. And next week, I'm going to rent the ice for myself, to skate.
Look at your life, what are your "things"? When was the last you did those things and make time to do them!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment