Thursday, February 9, 2012

Renewing My Mind

So it's been a little crazy lately, and failure seemed to be hitting in every aspect of life. Things have been a mess, and I'm not happy with the way things have been going. It finally hit me, that things weren't going as I thought they were, not only for myself but for others as well. I had been trying to push life away, trying to skip out on things that I never would have been able to skip out on. Just trying to skip through life, because I had a better vision for not now, but soon...later. 

I guess what I needed was a kick in the bum, a slap to the face, something to wake me up, from my same old, skip through life thought of mind. And that's what I got, it may not have been the best way, but it woke me up.

We are always told to, think positive, but why is it so hard sometimes. It always seems that in the times where we need that positive thought the most, we can't do it. Is there a way we can train our minds to just flip? Maybe, but it'll take a lot of try's before we get it right. Sometimes we just need that renewing, renewing of that thing inside our head that drives us crazy, with both thought and emotion. 

They say true change begins in our mind. That what makes you, you, is what you think, so think positive, but how do we do that all the time? Our thought patterns become routine, almost like brushing our teeth. How do we get ourselves out of that routine, by setting our mind. We can choose what we pay attention to, feed your mind with excellence, you  mind will eat what you feed it. What you pay attention to is in your mind, you can't change your whole mind, but you can change what you pay attention to. We get so used to negative thoughts that it becomes natural to us. Negative thoughts, are unwanted visitors, staying for way to long, we don't want them around. The thoughts you think have an enormous power over your life.We are free to feed our minds what WE want. 

This quote sums it all up:

 "What YOU put in the recipe makes it taste like what you put in it." 




No comments:

Post a Comment